Most facilities and estates managers know that periodic inspection is essential in the workplace …
Most facilities and estates managers know that periodic inspection is essential in the workplace, and that generally it should be carried out every five years for offices and every three years for factories.
But not every business fits into these two categories and some buildings even fit into several, so how do you know how regularly you should be commissioning these inspections?
Intersafe has put together its recommendations on the minimum frequency facilities managers should ensure periodic inspection should take place across a range of environments:
- Offices: Every five years or at change of occupancy
- Schools, colleges, universities and other educational establishments: Every five years
- Hospitals: Every five years
- Industrial establishments: Every three years
- Cinemas: Every one to three years
- Pubs: Every five years
- Leisure complexes (excluding swimming pools): Every three years
- Restaurants and hotels: Every five years
- Theatres: Every three years
- Swimming pools: Every year
- Marinas: Every year
Keeping records of the inspection is just as important as the process itself and businesses must hold the necessary documentation. It is almost a year since the certification for periodic inspection changed and now rather than receiving a ‘Periodic Inspection Report’, businesses and organisations receive an ‘Electrical Installation Condition Report’.
If you are still unsure about how regularly your workplace needs to be inspected, call the Intersafe team today on 01329 222370.