Meet the woman who is allergic to electricity!
Pollen, dust mites, the cat. One of the everyday allergies that you might come across, well how about electricity?
Meet the woman who is ‘allergic to electricity.’ Jackie Lindsey, 50, claims she has electromagnetic hypersensitivity (EHS). She says anyone using Wi-Fi or a mobile phone signal around her could cause her to have an attack similar to an anaphylactic shock. This is an extreme, often life-threatening allergic reaction.
In order to deal with the condition, Jackie has got rid of all mod cons and electrical products in her life, she has turned off the power in her home and uses candles for light and gas for heating and cooking.
The suit she wears to venture outside has silver woven into the fabric to reflect the magnetic fields around her. And she also uses an electromagnetic field testing device (EMF) to measure the magnetic current in the air, when out in public.
So next time you reach for your allergy tablet, think of poor Jackie!